Thursday, January 05, 2006

As 2006 gets underway I thought I'd try something new with the HOMEROOM, JCHS Class of '51 Newsletter. Blogging, as you perhaps know from my personal weblog, is somethng I have taken a great liking for. Now that I've become conversant with the mechanics of posting, I thought there might be some value for us all in having a permanent repository for our present and future newsletters. There are several advantages.

  • By bookmarking this website, you can always come back for a look-see.
  • The format allows readers to enter their comment, or add information by clicking on the comments tab below this article. Interactive communications are the wave of the future so why shouldn't we be part of it?
  • You can print the entire blog or you can just return here with the knowledge it won't be getting lost or thrown away. You can also save a particular picture to your computer by right clicking on the photo and assigning a file name to it.
  • It won't overload your system with a large E-mail file that many have trouble printing or saving.
  • And most importantly, in event of a computer malfunction--as I experienced this year -- this data is not lost because it's stored on another server.

So lets give it a try. Your thoughts and comments are most welcome. Remember to bookmark this site so you can return from time to time. Your operating system might refer to this bookmarking feature as "Favorites."

I'm always on the lookout for information pertaining to our members. Most of you are quite modest and reluctant to send me information on your doings and activities. That's understandable, because no one wants to appear to be blowing their own horn or lamenting their fate. But I would bet you do enjoy reading about the status and activities of others. I surely do. Also, we all gain from an occasional update on how our contemporaries are doing health wise. I personally have a macular degeneration problem and have gained valuable information from other classmates with the same condition. Likewise, without communication, I would never have learned that our classmate Charles Arlee Robb helped to develop a specific vitamin treatment for this ailment. Thanks to his recommendation, I started this regimin before even my Opthalmologist prescribed it.

My how time flies when you're having fun. We have actually managed to navigate fifty-five years since exiting those hallowed halls of JC Senior High School. And who doesn't want to see more of the same? I know that many of our group have had some severe health problems and to them our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with you. Carl Rutledge and Paul Johnson come to mind. They've both had more than a fair share of health woes of late. Who else needs a pat on the back for braving the downsides of getting older? If anyone wants to know about the downside of getting a rotator cuff repair, just check with me. Post op, about all I can use my right arm for these days is to get it up in the air to wave goodbye to any more tennis. The upside is the hurt has gone away and it still works well at moving this computer mouse. I'm hoping physical therapy will work a miracle.

A Florida acquaintance recently lamented, "I've sure gotten old. I've had 2 by-pass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought prostate cancer, and diabetes. I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts. Have bouts with dementia, poor circulation; hardly feel my hands and feet anymore, can't remember if I'm 79 or 83, have lost all my friends. But.....Thank God, I still have my driver's license!"

Welcome to the future and pass the Geritol. If I haven't lost you yet and your inquiring mind is not hung up on "Where is Agniel going with all this?" read on. Even with a slow computer the NEWS AND PHOTOS that follow should have had sufficient time to load. Here's to keeping old acquaintance alive and well!

BIG NEWS FROM THE REUNION COMMITTEE

JEFFERSON CITY HIGH SCHOOL
CLASS OF ’51

TO OUR FELLOW CLASS MATES:


It’s that time again! Mark your calendar now – July 14, 15 & 16 – for our 55th (can you believe it?) reunion.


The ones of us here in Jefferson City that try to get together every month put together a committee for planning the reunion. We have developed the following schedule.


We plan to start with an alumni gathering at the Ramada Inn on Friday, July 14th. We will have a hospitality room and will provide snacks and setups – it will be a BYOB event.


On Saturday, July 15th, we will meet at Ellis-Porter (Riverside) Park for a catered Bar-B-Q. We have reserved the park for all afternoon and evening.


On Sunday morning, July 16th, we will meet back at Ramada for brunch, after which we will go our separate ways.


Ramada Inn has agreed to provide the hospitality room free if we have at least 20 rooms reserved for the 14th and 15th. The room rate at Ramada will be $68.16, including taxes. They will hold a block of 15-20 rooms until June 30th. You will need to make your own reservations. Ramada’s number is 573-635-7171. Be sure to let them know you are with the Class of ’51.


We have contacted Oscars to cater the Bar-B-Q. They have quoted us a price of $8.95 per person. The menu includes pork steak and chicken leg quarters, green beans (or slaw), baked beans, homemade rolls and iced tea. Oscars is owned by Fuzzy Mankin and run by one of his sons.


It will be helpful if you can let us know as soon as possible whether you will attend and also whether you will want to stay at the Ramada. You will need to make your own hotel reservations. We have attached a form to fill out. Please return it to Mary Lou Clack at 1100 Westwood Dr, Jefferson City, Mo 65109. Many of you have already received this information by e-mail and if you want to respond by e-mail that is fine. Mary Lou’s e-mail address is

mlclack@mchsi.com


Looking forward to July:
THE 55TH REUNION COMMITTEE
Gary Scott, Chair


Attachment:


JEFFERSON CITY HIGH SCHOOL
CLASS OF ’51


55TH REUNION

Please fill out the following form (or provide the same information by e-mail) as soon as possible.

_____ I/We plan to attend all three events (Friday, July 14th hospitality room at the Ramada, Saturday Bar-B-Q at the park, Sunday brunch at the Ramada).


_____ I/We plan to attend only on ___ Friday,

___ Saturday, ___ Sunday


_____ I/We plan to stay at the Ramada.


_____ Total number attending in your party.


___ Please contact me at the following e-mail address: ______________


___ Please contact me by mail

Comments: __________________________________________________


____________________________________________________________

Name____________________________


Phone #__________________________



Thanks to Gary, Mary Lou and the Committee for all that they do. We’ll stay tuned for further developments as the new year progresses. Right now, put a big red mark on the calendar for the reunion days and send in your confirmations as soon as possible so the planners can get a handle on numbers.


I will post the photos I've received at the very end of this letter. There is a key to names in case anyone needs it. Notes and updates you’ve sent in follow:

From Donna (Pritchett) Hase.

My 2005 Christmas Letter
GREETINGS TO: ALL OF MY J.C. HIGH SCHOOL CLASSMATES
FROM: DONNA HASE, in St. Petersburg, Fla.

I have been blessed to have had my 97 ½ yr MOTHER living in the home she built since 1939. It was on WEST CIRCLE, one block from WEST SCHOOL where she taught for many years. It has been very painful closing up the home place and selling it. For the last 15 summers, Wes and I maintained an apartment in Jeff so we could return and spent time with her and catch up with J.C. events and classmates. SMILE. The last apt was in mother’s house, so when she died our adventures there have changed. It has truly been wonderful - seeing everyone: my classmates, my cousins, aunts and uncles and knowing the neighbors. I was able to attend mother’s art club meetings, my class meetings, church and Sunday school functions, and playing in mother’s bridge club. I loved being there for 4-6 months: I could visit with other moms of my classmates, Mrs. Axon, Mrs. Ortmeyer, and Mrs. Angerer.

LAST SUMMER was slightly different. With no home place to go, I still went back thanks to Kathryn Henley and Gayle Clardy Van Doren. I HOUSE SAT for them! I still was able to go back. Could anyone be so blessed? My highlights were picking blueberries with Sheila Scott, attending Lincoln’s Learning as Seniors Banquet with Gary Scott and Sheila, a bus trip to BLACK WATER AND ARROWROCK with LOIS DICKENSON AND GINGER AND JOHNNY RENKIN. IT WAS SO GOOD TO BE IN JEFFERSON CITY AGAIN.

SPEAKING OF CHANGES…THE J.C. NEWS AND TRIBUNE CAME OUT WITH AN ARTICLE THIS MONTH OF A BIG CHANGE ON THE CORNER OF DIX ROAD AND MAIN STREET. THE CLOSING OF BOB’S MARKET (formerly BUERHLE’S) THE LAST OF THE LITTLE INDEPENDENT CORNER GROCERY STORES WHERE ONE COULD WALK TO IT. NO LONGER WILL SCHOOL CHILDREN COMING HOME STOP FOR A CANDY TREAT OR A COKE, OR HUSBANDS AND WIVES STOPPING IN FOR MILK OR PICKING UP FRESH TOMATOES OR BLACK BERRIES AND STRAWBERRIES. KATHRYN HENLEY CAN’T STOP AND PICK UP FRESH CREAM FOR HER COFFEE. GONE IS A WAY OF LIFE AS WE KNEW IT FOR SO LONG. AND LUCKY WE WERE TO HAVE HAD IT FOR SO LONG. NOW IT IS SUPER STORES. THE BIG WAL-MART WANTS TO BUILD A 2ND STORE ON THE EAST END OF TOWN. AND THEY WILL PROBABLY GET CLEARANCE. WITH ONE ON THE WEST END AND ONE STORE ON THE EAST END THAT WILL PROBABLY BE THE DEATH OF DOWNTOWN JEFFERSON CITY. BUT……there is a DOWNTOWN BUSINESS ASSOCIATION AND THEY ARE PUTTING FORTH MUCH EFFORT AND HAVE MANY PLANS TO KEEPING IT ALIVE!!!! AND MORE POWER TO THEM.

I KNOW MY HUSBAND TRIED HIS BEST IN 1991 TO CONVERT THE 4 YEAR EMPTY GOVERNOR HOTEL THAT CITY NATIONAL BANK OWNED INTO WONDERFUL CONDOMINIUMS WITH A PENT HOUSE ON TOP FLOOR AND BANK AND RESTAURANT ON THE FIRST FLOOR. THE GOVERNOR NEEDED SPACE AND ASKED FOR A CONFERENCE ROOM ON THE MEZZANINE LEVEL. (THE SEC. OF STATE HAS HIS OWN BUILDING, DOESN’T HE?) WELL, IT WAS A GREAT IDEA AND JANET HECKEL AND A GROUP OF HER FRIENDS SAW THE FLOOR PLANS AND WANTED THE FIRST CONDO AND A DOWNTOWN CHURCH THOUGHT IT WOULD BE CLOSE BY AND CONVENIENT FOR SOME OF THEIR SENIOR FAMILIES TO LIVE . IT DID NOT WORK OUT AND TODAY IT IS MOSTLY GOVERNMENT OFFICE SPACES.

BACK TO MY LETTER---SOME OF YOU HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING OUR ELDEST SON’S NAVY CAREER AND TWO TOURS OF DUTY IN IRAQ. IN MARCH WE WATCHED CAPTAIN CHRIS HASE LEAVE THE HELM OF THE U.S.S. SAIPAN AS COMMANDER. IN NORFOLK THREE YEARS EARLIER DORIS LONG AND DON ("MACKIE" THURMON, PAT DORNFELD AND DAUGHTER DEBBIE CAME TO VA ALONG WITH AUNTS, UNCLES COUSINS AND FRIENDS TO WATCH THE NAVY’S "CHANGE OF COMMAND" AS CHRIS CAME ABOARD. . " THE SAIPAN IS NOW ARRIVING" WAS ANNOUNCED AND WHISTLED. WITH SHIP DUTY OVER FOR A WHILE, HE HAS BEEN ASSIGNED TO THE PENTAGON. HE WORKS SUCH LONG HOURS, SO SECRET HIS WIFE ONLY KNOWS THE EXTENT BUT NOT THE DETAILS.

THAT SAME MONTH I FLEW ON INTO.BALTIMORE TO SEE OUR 8TH NEW GRANDCHILD BORN TO BILL AND POLINA. IT WAS THEIR FIRST CHILD. IT IS ALWAYS A MARVEL TO SEE A NEW BORN.

IN FEBRUARY WE HAD A BEAUTIFUL VALENTINE "GET AWAY" TO DESTIN, FL. JOINED BY DAVID AND ROBBIE AGNIEL. IT WAS A MYSTERY DINNER AND VALENTINE BANQUET WEEKEND AND LOTS OF FUN. SHARING IT WITH A CLASS MATE.. DESTIN’S BEACHES ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND THE SAND IS SO WHITE. I THOUGHT ST.PETE BEACH WAS MY FAVORITE.

MORE GOOD TIMES CAME IN MARCH…PHYLLIS AND FRANK’S ANNUAL VISIT TO FLORIDA. MILLIE BUTLER ROST (YES THAT IS OUR MILDRED BUTLER- PETE BULTER’S COUSIN) CAME OVER FROM TAMPA TO SEE THE TRAVELING EXHIBIT "CELEBRATING DIANNA’S LIFE" WITH US. PATRICIA TRIEB, MILLIE AND I MET AGAIN AT THE ST. PETERSBURG MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS FOR TEA IN THE GARDEN.

NOW I HAVE A CELL PHONE WHICH I DID NOT HAVE THEN AND MISSED A CONNECTION WITH PAT AT A CHINESE RESTAURANT. HOPE SHE HAS FORGIVEN ME.

ANOTHER HIGHLIGHT OF THE YEAR WAS FLYING INTO ST.LOUIS, AND MEETING WITH PAT AND HER DAUGHTER DEBBIE IN JUNE AND DRIVING TO TAN-TAR-A TO ATTEND GINGER AND JOHNNY’S 50TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY WITH THE RENKIN FAMILY. IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN A BEAUTIFUL PLACE.

WE DELIGHT IN CELEBRATING LIFE WITH CARL ED’S RECOVERY.

PAT DORNFELD IS RECOVERING FROM A BROKEN KNEE CAP AND I CAN SEE MUCH MUCH BETTER AFTER RESTORATIVE LENS IN BOTH CATARACT SURGERIES.IN NOVEMBER. THE CLOUDING HAD DEVELOPED RATHER SUDDENLY.

I JOIN MY CLASSMATES IN SENDING CONDOLENCES TO THREE OF OUR OWN CLASSMATES’ FAMILIES. THREE THAT HAVE PASSED AWAY IN 2005 ARE: ROGER PONDER IN JEFF, RICHARD MYERS IN ASHLAND, AND JUST THIS DECEMBER 17TH JIM MANKIN (DR. JAMES D. )…IN TOPEKA, KS. AND TO OTHERS WHO HAVE LOST THEIR MOMS, BROTHERS.SISTERS, OR CLOSE FAMILY MEMBERS. LATE NOTE: DAVID AGNIEL’S BROTHER PASSED DEC 22.

GOOD NIGHT AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL……….DONNA HASE


From Peggy (Coulter) Bryant: Dave. Wasn’t too sure about sending a picture over the computer so I am sending a picture and a note (can’t teach an old dog new tricks) I think winter is here. We had a hard freeze last night. It was cold and windy today. I am going to try to make it to the class lunch tomorrow. Was not up to it this summer. Went to seven different Doctors and all kinds of tests and they still don’t know why I pass out. I know I did not graduate with the class but everyone at the lunches really are friendly and treat me as one of the bunch.
Anyway I have never sent anything in about myself so thought I would this time. I live about 10 miles outside of Jeff in the woods. I was married 36 years but now divorced. I have 5 kids and 5 grand kids. Two are twins. They all live close by so someone is always dropping in. I love to go camping either by myself or I take the twins. I love to travel. Had planned to go to Yellowstone this summer but was not up to it. My GG Grandfather (John Coulter) was the first white person to discover Yellowstone. I have been there several times but did not know this then so would like to go back & see what I can dig up. I belong to the Lewis and Clark Taskforce in Jeff and the last two years have gotten to go to a lot of different places for their events. I volunteer at the Archives once a week. Keep up the good work keeping everyone in touch. Peggy


From Charles Dix Smith: "Hi Dave, Sorry I didn’t respond sooner but we just got back from our TN, GA, And FL fall trip. I will send you by snail mail two photos we took in Russia. My scanner has a problem and I think it is me.
We flew to Moscow, got on a river boat and sailed to St. Petersburg. They are connected by a series of rivers, lakes and canals that are connected and built by slave labor under Stalin.
The people really love their country but I don’t know why. Their leaders have always taken advantage of them all thru history. But the people still have a great sense of humor. A professor from Moscow gave a talk about Russian history and said Adam must have been a Russian because he only had a fig leaf for clothes, an apple to eat, and thought he was in paradise.
I was surprised how underdeveloped the country is. But there is hope for the people. This professor said in spite of all their troubles there is a belief that things were getting better.
I enjoyed the trip, but it did not compare to our trips to China or Greece. Charlie"


From Betsy "Candy" (Ross) Brar: "Hi Dave, Things are great with me –and in Big-D. August 9th I started a part time job at Prestonwood Christian Academy –Lower School--, through Main Street Café…PCA and Main Street are affiliated with my church, Prestonwood Baptist Church. It is a M-F job and very different for me and I am liking it very much. I am still planning trips for the Primetimers at PBC (age55+). November 6, after all the morning church services, we will take a bus to Granbury, Texas for a two hour cruise on the Granbury Riverboat. First we will have a sit down Mexican dinner and C&W music on board and then enjoy the upper deck. Thank you so much for keeping touch with me. I love hearing about my classmates. Your friend, Betsy"


From Phyllis (Robinson) Bollinger: "A very good year! To Florida in March, saw the Cardinals in Jupiter, and Donna Pritchett and Millie Butler in St. Petersburg. Then our first great grandbaby and a family trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico, in May for another grandson's wedding. A family reunion here in Waterloo the end of May, four trips to Branson and several Cardinal baseball games completed the year.
I enjoy reading the accounts of the monthly lunches and I am looking forward to the 55th reunion in July. The 50th was spectacular, thanks to the hard work of the "locals". See you all there! Phyllis"


That’s the spirit, Phyllis! Let’s all try to be there!


From Spencer Thomas: Dave: Not much to report from the Thomas household. Too cold right now to do any fishing,boating, or golfing. I'm enjoying the quiet time in the Ozarks. No plans , at the present time, to do any traveling. Spencer

From Henry and Shirley Schneider: OK, you got us. We will have to set down and make up a good story about what we have been doing and how things are. Well, not too bad I guess. We can say that we are feeling pretty good for now--which translates into being reasonably healthy so far as the life threatening encounters go. I did have some nerve pinching problems with my neck (OK now) and Shirley has spent the year curing her ulcers but is getting on top of them. We are still living in our Fairhaven house, (35 years now) and we will be married 45 years if we make it to next July. Shirley retired again (for the second time). When she left everybody said-when will we see you back? Have mercy on a 70 year old! It looks like our oldest son is getting married--so now they all took the plunge--he was in no hurry- he is 43. Our two boys are in the area. Our Daughter is in Seattle and we like to go there to see our grandson, Carter. We were back in JC for a few days in May, and have taken some other trips, both local and to Ireland this year. We just wish everyone a Happy New Year--Keep your spirits high!----The Schneiders (Come see us if in California)


From Carolyn (Buehrle) Brown: Dave--Since we have a foot of snow and it was 6 degrees below this a.m., I'm staying in-writing Christmas cards and now this. I'm impressed that it isn't a last minute note. The best news is that Ken and I are blessed with good health and that our children and grands are doing great--staying very busy as each boy participates in sports, music, church and scouting. (we have seven grandboys) There is always something for us to be a part of if we choose.
Early this year we lost Ken's sister to cancer. Since that was Ken's only sibling she spent lots of time with us and joined us in our Arizona winters. I'm not liking losing friends and family.
We did have some fun this spring celebrating our 50th. Had a moveable celebration small dinners in places where we had lived and then to New Orleans for a weekend with our boys and their wives. All of this took place over a month--even repeated our vows with our fellowship group at church. Really fun and special.
We are planning a trip to Portugal and Spain with the Touring Tigers in 2006. Since Ken doesn't like to travel I'm surprised, but we did have a great WWII trip following the invasion through France and then back to Southhampton where we boarded the Queen Mary. Arriving in New York was spectacular.
I did receive a note yesterday that Buehrles' Grocery (Bobs Market) closed on December 3rd. What a long run as my dad opened the store in l936. Wow!!
Thanks for keeping us in touch with classmates. I'm so pleased that Carl Rutledge is doing well. I'm looking forward to the newsletter. If this is too long delete what you want Happy Holidays and the Best of New Years. Carolyn Buehrle Brown

From Charles Arlee Robb: 10:00 PM Friday June 3
With a glass of white wine in hand Donna and I watch the castle "burn" as darkness falls on the mountain/river view from our Heidelburg hotel windows. Soon fireworks shot out over and reflected in The Neckar. A beautiful sight to share with someone you love. Thus passed a highlight of 2005.

REFLECTIONS now return me to 1968-1995------The ALCON phase of life. ALCON Laboratories the worlds largest and leading company committed "to discover, develop, produce and market innovative, high quality products that preserve, restore and enhance sight". As we mature more of us will have or will come to appreciate the benefits of that commitment.


As for my role, I began as a bench scientist doing surgery on dogs and pigs to establish preclinical safety and efficacy of Avitene Hemostat----a surgical product which we later sold ---- thereby enabling us to focus all resources on products for eye care. At retirement my responsibilities as Vice President included the discovery and development components of our commitment.

PRESENT
If an opportunity should arise for you to be in Ft Worth I suggest you arrange for a tour of ALCON-----more specifically "The William C Conner Research Center" which has birthed drugs/devices to treat: glaucoma, cataracts,allergy,infection,inflammation, dry eye, myopia (LASIK), contact lens, and retinal problems (laser, antioxidants). Unfortunately not all vision problems have been resolved----but the commitment of ALCON remains and hope for our future prevails.


The unpaved road from the barnyard of PIG ANKLE to the conference rooms of Eli Lilly, Bayer, Hoffman-LaRoche, Merck, UpJohn, Nestle', Johns Hopkin, Harvard, Rockville, Bethesda, Silicon Valley, etc. was filled with potholes and bumps along the way which took their emotional toll on my marriage. Ann and I developed gaps which could not be mended with anger and withdrawal. Eventually I gave up trying to bridge those gaps----thus freeing me up to meet Donna. It soon became obvious we had a better chance to build a bridge like "Coward's Crossing"----a thing of beauty and a fun ride----


Until next year, I again thank David for his efforts and wish each a Happy "06".
Charles (Arlee) Robb


From Jack Morris: Hi Dave, Marlyne and I are now living in Sun City, Az. We decided it was time to stay in one place, except for vacation trips. It is really nice weather here and I can play golf most every day, unless something else takes priority.
Here in Sun City, there is so much to do, we wonder how we ever had time to work. We do most of our traveling in the Summer, when it gets real hot here.
I am sending a picture of my transportation to and from the 8 golf courses I play. Jack


From Pat (Renner) Schroeder: So far this year we are good! Walter (Bud) and I took several road trips. One was 3,000 miles up the Missouri River following the Lewis and Clark trail in Iowa, South and North Dakota, Montana, and Wyoming. Others to Michigan (for a visit with my sister and family) and in November to Virginia to see our son and family –two grandsons, 4 and 8 years old.
We keep busy with the Old Munichburg Association in Jefferson city, helping with "Southside" history, preservation and promotion. Our fifth Oktoberfest—the last Saturday in September—was another huge success. It gets bigger and better every year. Lots of work for our core group of eighteen or so, but lots of fun too! Hope all of you can plan a trip to Jefferson City sometime for that Saturday. We sold Hott & Asel baloney by the ring! What a treat!
As you see in the picture, Bud was chosen alumnus of the year by the Jefferson City Alumni Association in May 2005. We are also helping organize the history of Central United Church of Christ Church (formerly Evangelical and Reformed Church) in Jefferson City for its 150th anniversary in 2008.
I must confess that I have been attending the monthly coffees of Bud’s Class of ’52 fairly regularly. I went to school with so many of them from 2nd grade on; they are a very fun group.
It’s good if we (Class of ’51) plan a get-together this coming year—nothing fancy—just a picnic or BarBQ at McClung Park. They have an air-conditioned pavillion. We can’t put this off. I just attended my sister’s 60th Jefferson Class of ’45 reunion in October and numbers were few. I heard many say that it would probably be their last one. That’s why my sister made the effort to come from Michigan!
I appreciate the news passed along by all of you via David’s e-mail. Keep it up, keep going, enjoy each day that God gives you, take time to smell the roses. Stuff is just stuff. Love lasts forever. Pat


Paul Johnson wrote recently: Do you remember the Oscars that was on 54 South?? They have a new one east of town that serves good food, but the best part is all the stuff they have hanging on the walls, that date back to our time 50 years ago. They have big pictures, like 2 feet by 2 feet, taken byZeal Wright all over the place, that sure bring the good old times back. The music is also from 50 years ago. They also have movie posters from 50 years ago. It is run by Oscars grandkids. Paul

Stay in touch and keep those photos and letters coming. Here's wishing everyone smooth sailing in the year ahead. Remember to let the committeee know as soon as possible about your participation in the forthcoming reunion. Dave

We are saddened to report the recent death of James D. Mankin, who passed away this past December 17. To his wife, Laura (Jinks) Mankin and his sister, Mary, we extend our deepest sympathy. Laura and Mary, we share your sorrow and also the good memories we retain of our beloved classmate, Jim.

We also lost Roger Ponder and Richard Myers this year. Unfortunately we were never able to find Richard Myers while he was alive and living so close in Ashland, Mo. We first discovered his whereabouts from an obituary in the Jefferson City newspaper.

To honor the memory of our fifty-one deceased classmates, an alphabetical listing of names follows:




1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger David said...

Just making sure this comment thing works as it should.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home